2019 OHS Photography Competition
Get your cameras ready!
There will be prizes for winners of each class! Winners will be announced at our September 15th meeting.
- Class 1 Serenity in the Garden: Hostas in a Garden or Landscape
- Class 2 Partners: Hostas with Companion Plants
- Class 3 Big, Bold, Beautiful: a mature clump of a large Hosta
- Class 4 Tiny But Tough: Mini or Small Hosta[s]
- Class 5 Never Met a Hosta I Couldn't Love: your favourite Hosta
- Class 6 Creativity: a garden photo to include Hosta. Digital Enhancements permitted. Black & White or Colour. Think “artwork”.
- Class 7 Light up the Shade: featuring gold, yellow or white hosta[s]
- Class 8 Fabulous Floral: closeup of Hosta Flower[s]
Rules & Guidelines
- Submissions are due by September 1st, 2019
- Open to Members of the Ontario Hosta Society. You may enter up to two photos per class.
- Photo has been taken in the past two years leading up to September 2019 & has not been submitted to our contest in the past.
- Printed size: 5 by 7 inches, at least 300dpi, ideally printed to the edge with no border showing.
- Photos are to be in colour, except Class 6, which can be colour or Black & White.
- The hard copy will be judged.
- The images may be shown on our Website, Facebook, Newsletter, projected at a meeting or used for other methods of promoting our Society. Credit will be given to the photographer. Each photographer will retain ownership of his/her work.
- Send a hard copy of photos to be judged to:
OHS Photography Competition
100 Organ Crescent
Hamilton, Ontario L8T 1Y9
- Send a digital copy of your images to
- Securely attach the following information to the back of each photo and include the same in your email containing the digital image:
Class number for the photo
Name of the Hosta[s] in the photo.
In the case of a tie, where one photo is missing the name of the hosta, the winner will be the photo that includes the name.